After having worked for more than 5 years inside the community of the School N° 7 in La Paz (Argentina), we are extremely happy and proud to inform you that from now on this School will be able to be self-sufficient.
During the years that the “Integral Education for Kids” program has been working it has reached great results, both with the students and their families, as well as in the school and their own community.
Students who participated in the program:
- Have a higher school attendance rate (as a result of receiving school supplies and shoes).
- Improved their school performance after tutors were hired.
- Attended an annual medical check-up.
- Could count on medical assistance from their region’s health center.
- Had access to a computer and could learn how to use it.
- Participated in recreational activities.
- Could organize festivities for Children’s Day, Student’s Day, a Spring Celebration, an End of the Year Celebration, and others.
- Attended workshops on dental hygiene, children’s rights, self-esteem, and health.
Families who participated in the program:
- Became more involved in their children’s education by meeting with their children’s teachers more frequently.
- Regularly attended program workshops on children’s rights, conflict resolution, self-esteem, education, health and hygiene, and civic responsibility.
- Became familiar with the institutions in their neighborhood and were able to take better advantage of those resources.
- Took their children to their medical check-ups.
- Took part in a campaign by a group of mothers who worked to build a communal vegetable garden.
Schools in the program received:
- Textbooks, workbooks, and dictionaries.
- School supplies and clothes for all children: including pencils, staples, notebooks, paper, shoes, sweatshirts, jackets and T-shirts.
- A repaved street at the school’s entrance.
- Rebuilt plumbing.
- New heaters, windows, and air vents installed.
- Professional development workshops for teachers.
- An increase in the number of children attending the school.
- An increase in the number of teachers assigned to the school.
- Better support from the province’s Director of Schools and Cities.
The community received:
- A closer relationship with the school.
- An increase in donations from members of the community to the school.
- More involvement and support from the school for other institutions and local programs.
Along these years we have seen the children having a higher attendance rate and better results, their families becoming more involved in the education of the kids, the school building improving dramatically and the community actively supporting the school.
Thanks to your support and commitment to the “Integral Education for Kids” project, it has been possible to generate many positive changes, in the school in particular and in the community in general.
The success of the “Integral Education for Kids” shows clearly that together we can increase the number of people in developing countries who are able to lead a self-supporting life. For that reason we would like to invite you to read on our website about other projects that we are supporting and need your help. We count on you!